Webinar Spotlight - Moneyball: How the Texas Rangers use low-code data engineering and analytics to identify MVPs
April 6, 9 a.m. PST | 12 p.m. EST
- Alexander Booth, Assistant Director of R&D at Texas Rangers Baseball Club
- Mei Long, Product Manager at Prophecy
- Franco Patano, Lead Product Specialist at Databricks
Data and analytics have become essential tools for gaining a competitive edge and enhancing the fan experience in the sports industry. The Texas Rangers are leading the way in this field, utilizing terabytes of in-game video data to optimize player performance and scouting strategies.
Unfortunately, their legacy data architecture was standing in the way of delivering the insights and analytics the team needed as it was unable to support the explosion of player data that became available to the team for analysis. Their data sources were very siloed and disparate, and the time it took for their data engineering team to build and deploy each of the data pipelines needed to feed their reporting dashboards was taking too long due to limited experience with Spark. Sound familiar?
Join this webinar on April 6, 9 a.m. PST | 12 p.m. EST to learn why the baseball operations team at the Texas Rangers migrated their ETL pipelines to Prophecy on top of the Databricks Lakehouse. Since modernizing their ETL with a low-code solution for developing, deploying, and managing data pipelines at scale, the club has seen staggering results including:
- Data democratization - The entire data team is able to easily build data pipelines without the need for Spark expertise.
- Faster pipeline development - The time saved deploying new data pipelines has gone from as much as two months, to two weeks. This has allowed their analysts to glean new statistics and metrics for evaluating players faster than ever before.
- Future-proof - Increased velocity of new data products that are helping to change the game of sports analytics.
3 Can’t Miss Reasons to Attend this Webinar
We are counting the days until this webinar on April 6, 9 a.m. PST / 12 p.m. EST as the Texas Rangers share how Prophecy’s low-code platform and the Databricks Lakehouse helps them analyze terabytes of in-game data to optimize player performance and scouting.
In fact, here are three reasons this webinar is a must-watch:
- Learn from data innovators - Hear how the Texas Rangers are revolutionizing player analytics with low-code data pipelines.
- Boost data team productivity - Learn how a low-code approach can upskill your data teams quickly and easily.
- Tips to modernize ETL - Discover how the Databricks Lakehouse and Prophecy can supercharge your ETL pipelines at any scale.
Seating is limited so register you and your team today!